Supported lodgings offers longer term accommodation for 17 to 25 years olds within the home of a host, under a licence agreement. Support staff and hosts work with the young person to develop skills needed for independent living and work with Redditch Borough Council to move them on to their own tenancy. Rent is chargeable for this service.
Young people are provided with:
- A support plan and licence agreement
- A named support worker
- A key to the property
- A private bedroom
- Bathing and laundry facilities
- 3 meals per day
- Emotional and practical support
- Clear guidance on the rules we ask young people to follow while staying with a host
- Support to access and maintain education, employment or training
- Support to move on to longer term accommodation
- Access to hardship fund for essential items
- Access to learning and tenancy training
For young people in receipt of full benefit, the weekly charge will be £15 For young people employed, 25% of gross earnings will be charged as rent.
Grant funding and housing benefit will contribute towards the remainder if the weekly rent charge.