Supported Lodgings Hosting
Who needs a Supported Lodgings host?
A client who is in need of more long term accommodation solutions as they are unable to stay at home and do not have the support of their parents or families. These clients are often vulnerable, they can become isolated and lonely and many have not had the chances other clients have had so may have missed out on some education or social opportunities.
What’s the difference?
Emergency Accomodation provides a ‘night by night‘ safe and secure environment while the staff secure permanent accommodation for the client to move onto.
Supported Lodgings provides more long term living accommodation 6-9 months, therefore, developing the clients living skills and assists them in gaining independence.
- Spare room and a willingness to share your home with a client
- Between 6 and 9 months placements
- A safe place to stay
- A supportive environment
- Help with learning and independence
- Long term help and support
- A willingness to undertake a criminal records check and other safeguarding checks
Nightstop will provide:
- Full induction, ongoing training and support
- A dedicated staff team including an individual support worker for the client
- £120 per week
Hosts are never alone. When they have a client to stay there is always someone on the end of the phone to offer any advice or support to the host and the client.